Our mission will only succeed with the broad support of our alumni. We need you to take a stand and have your voice heard, in whatever manner you are most comfortable.
The issues raised herein are concerning for the greater RPI Community. We have communicated with the Board of Trustees about these concerns, including meeting with several members of the Board, on two ocassions. Unfortunately, they did not agree with our conclusions, nor our suggested changes to resolve the issues raised. Now, they need to hear from you.
We are all proud to be RPI graduates. With that pride comes responsibility to future generations of students and those who will help them succeed. We have an obligation to set in motion a series of long-needed changes to put the Institute on solid financial footing, improve its peer standing, and implement changes in governance and leadership, in order to ensure its success for a third century.
We urge you to carefully consider what actions you think are appropriate, then take those actions to positively impact the future of our alma mater.
For example, your actions could include any, or all, of the following:
- Sign our platform to show your support, either publicly or privately.
- Write to the Board of Trustees and explain your concerns.
- Share this website with your classmates and urge them to review it.
- Join the Renew Rensselaer team by contacting us via email.
- Write to RPI’s student newspaper, The Polytechnic, providing your personal experience and opinion of how and why RPI should be renewed.
- Contact the Rensselaer Alumni Association (RAA) and provide your opinion for possible inclusion in the letters section of the biannual Rensselaer Magazine.
- Stay informed by signing-up for email updates.
- Contribute to the Renew Rensselaer Legal Fund to restore the governing rights of all RAA members.
- Offer to make financial contributions only AFTER substantial changes, such as the ones we have outlined in our platform, have been implemented.